As a current or prospective customer of Kistler-Tiffany Benefits Co., we would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for your business and to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Information we collect and the means used to collect:
Kistler-Tiffany Benefits Co. collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Kistler-Tiffany Benefits Co. collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms; this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, social security number, date of birth, marital status and information about medical issues.
- Information about our clients’ transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to, your insurance coverage premiums and selection, and your payment and claims history necessary for billing and payment.
To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, Kistler-Tiffany Benefits Co. may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We do not share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Kistler-Tiffany Benefits Co. may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- To service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by Kistler-Tiffany Benefits Co. to its customers include, but are not limited to, underwriting, obtaining competitive quotes at renewal, rating, placement, and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- To protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records.
- To resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- To aid individuals or entities that are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for Kistler-Tiffany Benefits Co. to comply with the law.
- To protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
How we share client information with affiliated parties:
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We will discipline any employees who impermissibly share client information.
- We have a secure network to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.